Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It is finished.

It's been a long time since I've actually scrapbooked. I did a tiny bit over the summer and even before that, I think the last time I really sat down and worked on something was about a year ago. Horrors! My life has just been so busy in the last year and when I've had time I've decided to do other things. Well, one of my goals for this break was to get some scrapbooking done, so I spent all Saturday sorting and organizing my desk and supplies and then yesterday afternoon and today were spent finishing this folder book that I have been working on/neglecting for the past year & a half. Technically the pictures are from February of 2004, so I guess this thing is really 4 years in the making. :-p

Anyway, I made this book by sewing two file folders together (spine to spine), creating 8 pages, and then scrapbooked each page.

Sorry that these pics didn't come out super clear. My scanner isn't that big and I don't feel like doing the whole scan & stitch thing, Plus, there's a little bit of bulk on some of the pages, which lifts them off the glass, leading to light & blurriness.

ANYWAY, here is my choir tour book for the 2004 Houghton College Choir!


Cover: Epcot. I should have cleaned this up in photoshop, as there are spots on the scan, but oh well! :-p


P. 2, a few of us walking through a mall in Tampa (Justin & Amy had just met and are already nice and chummy w/each other! :-p).



p. 3, Amy, Miriam & I peacefully resting at the foodcourt of the same mall.



p. 4, We were on the beach and it poured. The dear boys went and grabbed all of our belongings in the rain and got drenched while we waited in a restaurant. We then bought them lunch for being so sweet. :-p I don't think you can tell, but I used epoxy to make rain drops on the page.



p. 5, I really like this page, but it didn't scan well! Anyway, this night it was raining, so we got dressed up and went out to eat.




p. 6, Disney World...we had a blast this day!



p. 7, Coca Cola! On our tour, we went to the coke around the world thing at Epcot, as well as the Coke factory/museum in Atlanta. I do love me some Coke! :-p



p. 8, Back cover: The choir tour program. I have some hidden journaling in there, but it just tells a little bit about the choir tour.




Thanks for looking! Again, sorry for the picture quality! I promise they're much better in real life! ;o)

No comments: