Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My name is Jen...

and I'm a Coke-aholic.


There. I admitted it.




A couple of times a year I give it up. I know that it's horrible for me. According to what I've been told over and over by numerous different people, pop is one of the worst food/beverages you can consume. On the radio tonight they were talking about it, saying that both regular & diet have 6 tsps of sugar in them (not sure what size that serving is). That's not a little.


So as I said, I often quit pop. This year I did for Lent. I think I had also quit back in September. I usually give myself a time frame: one month, 40 days, etc. When that time is up, I allow myself a little bit. Then I will eventually have a little more. Before long, I'll be sitting at work/school thinking about coke and how I can't wait to get out so I can stop and have one. An ice cold, refreshing Coke. Particularly one from a fountain. Draft. On the rocks.

All it takes is one hit. One hit and then I'm gone.

It's just soooo good!



Well, I recognize that Coke is bad for me. I need to not have it anymore. So, today I quit. Cold turkey. I have not had a drop of Coke since last night around 9:30.

I've thought about Coke a lot today. I wouldn't have quit if there had been some in my house, or if I'd been motivated enough to go to the store and buy some. I guess my laziness today did amount to something. :-p



Will I allow myself to have Coke again? Heck yes! Will I still stop on my way home every day and buy myself a Coke? Not anymore. It's all about self-discipline and moderation.


They used to say "Coca Cola Classic, Can't beat the real thing." I'm beating it.

So, goodbye my dear friend with that beautiful red and white logo, with that delicious spicy carbonated goodness. I will sorely miss you...for a few days.





And to those who just read through this ridiculous nonsense post, God bless you. Haha. :-p

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

haha... you're so funny. i do understand where you're coming from. i originally started drinking diet cause i thought it would be a little better for me. but, then i've learned that it's definitely not better - if anything, it's worse. i also realized how little water i was actually drinking. so, i've made myself drink 2 nalgene bottles of water a day and then every once in a while, when i want one, i reward myself with a soda - if i've drank my required water. =)

i think it's been a week since you've written this, are you still not drinking it??? =)

hope everything else is going well for you!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jenneroni said...

Hey Aimes!

That water idea is great! I actually tend to drink more water than anything, which I guess is good. Since I wrote that post, I have had 1 coke...Friday night I was out with friends and I'd already had 2 glasses of water, so I didn't feel so bad. I just couldn't NOT have one! :-p

I also had a couple of gingerales last week, but I don't think those are the same as Coke. I actually don't like them that much, so I'm not concerned.

As I went back to school today after a week off, it was hard not to stop to get a coke on my way home, but I did it! Whether or not I'll give in tonight is yet to be seen, but I've had quite a bit of water today, so I guess a little might not hurt. ;o)

How are you? I miss you!

Anonymous said...

I can feel your pain...I certainly enojoy a fountain coke, on the rocks myself. But Justin and I have been on a water kick, with the occassional weekend reward of coke (for me) and mountain dew (for my spermless husband to be),. It's oh so hard.
I'm sure there's addicting elements in it. I'm sure of it.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know that at this very moment, I'm enjoying a delicious fountain coke from subway...yummy...

jenneroni said...

Jealousy!!!

Though, I actually did have one from Subway yesterday. :-p