Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Good grief Charlie Brown!

My plan to update this blog weekly has definitely faltered a bit (like my friends Matt & Laurel! :-p)! However, now that summer is about here, I anticipate having more time, and with that more attention to this here "webblog."

I did something yesterday and today that I've been trying to avoid doing. I got myself a flickr site. Why would I not want flickr you ask? Because I don't want to become obsessed with it like some...ahem...people (who shall remain nameless!) are. I actually won't have time to become obsessed with it though...between all of the millions of things that occupy my time outside of home, and facebook :-p , how could I possibly pay much attention to flickr? Lets not count the hours I have spent recently signing up, putting pics on it, organizing things, creatin a profile, etc.

Do you like my new flickr slideshow to the right here though? ;o)




If you want to check it out, I think you can click on that slide show, or go to:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27301861@N03/





So why did I get a flickr? Because my mom does these swaps with various people all the time on there and she recently signed me up for an altered altoid tin swap! I have witnessed the happenings of a number of these swaps right in my own home, so I know that I need to make sure I'm all set up w/the proper blog, flickr, etc, with examples of my "artwork", etc. displayed so that I can get a good partner, so here I am! Ready, locked, and loaded, bring on the good partners!








Well, I wasn't going to make this post completely about flickr and swaps, but that seems to be how it has ended up.
I should inform my sparce viewership of what happenings of my life over the past month & 1/2. I will try to do so in bulleted form (though I don't think I can make bullets on here).

Anyway, over the past 6 weeks or so:
* I auditioned for The Music Man
* I was cast as Ethel Toffelmeyer in the Music Man
* I accepted Ethel.
* I was asked to play the part of Sally Brown in "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown" come September
* I accepted the part of Sally Brown (and am super excited about it!)!!!
* I successfully completed student teaching and school (YAY!)
* I was the annoying Thomas announcer for a Day Out with Thomas 2008: The Great Discovery Tour at the Medina Railroad Museum (I'd be happy to recite you my complete script...the same one I've been saying for the past 4 years...I still have it memorized).
* I sang and played piano for my dear friends Stacey & Justin Radford at their wedding!!! :-D :-D :-D <3 <3 <3
* I resigned my role as Ethel in the Music Man as I can't afford to spend $4+/gallon to drive an hour each way for rehearsals
* I fell in love with the waiter at Friendly's where my friends and I go every week. Well, it's really just that I think he's adorable and he has amazing eyes, and is really awesome and always gives me free pop and ice cream, and.....yeah. :-p
* I cleaned my room (mostly) for the first time since December
* I bought a new camera! A Panasonic Lumix.
* I got rid of a ton of clothes, books, cd's, magazines, shoes, and junk that I've had laying around my room.
* I read some great books (none that you all would be interested...Christian fiction mostly)
* I purchased all of the Jane Austen Masterpiece Theater movies!


I think that's about it. :-p
Now I need to go to bed. I will try to post again soon!




Tomorrow I have every intention of scrapbooking or making something, which I will post on here once I do!

4 comments:

emily said...

i miss you, roommate!! :-*

Anonymous said...

I most certainly WOULD be interested in the books you read... I've read some good ones myself...shaaare!

jenneroni said...

One book was historical fic/romance: Deep in the Heart of Trouble by, Deeanne Gist. A little cheesy, but I liked it a lot. :o)

The other: Stuck in the Middle by, Virginia Smith. This one is modern-day Christian fic/romance. I liked it. Again...some cheese, but not as bad as some! :-p

I have them both if you'd like to borrow!

vivian said...

hi jennifer!