Thursday, June 19, 2008

Weddings, OCD, and more!

My friend Miranda's wedding is this weekend. My sister is a bridesmaid and I'm singing a couple of songs in the wedding. I'm super excited. Miranda was our neighbor growing up and she and her sister, Beth and I, and our other neighbors Beck & Jess (Melfi) always considered ourselves kind of the E Yates Center Rd. gang. At both Beck & Jess' weddings we had a ton of fun and I have no doubt that this one will be the same.

Today I spent a good portion of the day at Miranda's putting favors together. I wrote out all of the tags (168 "Miranda & Ron June 21, 2008"'s) and then filled/tied/put together about 50 of the actual favors. They looked super cute! I don't know if it's weird or not, but there is something that I absolutely love about repetition. I didn't mind writing the tags or filling the favors at all. I've always been a repetition kind of person. I actually think it would be great to work on an assembly line. I probably have a touch of OCD, but doesn't everybody? :-p


So tomorrow morning I have my second round interview for one of the schools I've applied at. I'm slightly nervous because I don't remember a lot of specific philosophy stuff (like all of the different who's). Hopefully they won't ask me too much of that stuff though. Someone I know who was on the panel for the first round told me that they loved my first interview. I'm crossing my fingers because I would really love to work there...if even only for the next year. We shall see what happens! Prayers are greatly appreciated!




On another random note, I think I'm going to join the gym next week. I'm going to be working at the park again this year...specifically the boat launch and because of that, I'm going to have sedentary 8-hour days. I hardly get very much exercise as it is, but I'm hoping that if I pay for it, that will entice me to go more (not to mention that it will be air conditioned in the gym, as opposed to heat of the summer that will eventually return). I have to wait until I get paid next week, but hopefully I'll stick with it and have fun.



Ok...any time I post on here, basically everything I have to say is random and unrelated. :-p I will try to post again this weekend after the wedding and post lots of pics of us all in our finery. Maybe I'll even do the same next week after my friend Anna's wedding which I'm a bridesmaid and singing in!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I think you should join the gym!! David and I just joined Gold's Gym (they are having a special - around here anyway - for $20 a month which is really good!). It's nice because it's like 2 minutes from our house. It's also nice because after/before sitting at a desk all day it gets me moving. You should see if one of your friends would join with you, that way the two of you could go together! It's nice having someone to go with!

On a second note, I don't think you'd really enjoy working in an assembly line. It makes for VERY long days and can give you carpel-tunnel (or however you spell it). That's me, speaking from experience.

Have fun at your weddings!
Mrs DiTucci (haha - I hated it when David's students used to call me that! it just sounds so old!!)

jenneroni said...

Hey Aimes...hehe...Mrs. DiTucci! :-D

Yes, I do believe that I am going to join the gym either the end of this week or early next (when I get paid! :-p). I'm excited to have something to do besides sit around all day by myself!

You're right, I probably wouldn't like assembly line work, at least not the kind that you had to do! I just really like doing repetitive things, as dumb as that probably sounds.

I'm excited to see you in a couple of months!!! YAY! :-D
LOVE YA!