Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fabulous weekend of favorites!

Friday night after work I rushed off to Buffalo to meet some favorites. Matt, Laurel, and Rachel Moran were in town for the weekend, so I met up w/them, as well as their friend Jonathan, and our friend Emily. It was nice to hang out and catch up...when we could hear each other speaking that is. They have a new jazz combo playing there now (for a while they've had Latin Jazz on the weekends, which began after the legendary DoDo died a couple of years ago.), and lets just say that they don't hold back! Anyway, I don't think I've seen any of the Morans since Matt & Laurel's wedding a couple of summers ago, so it was especially nice to hang out with them.


Here are some pics from all of our excitement at the AB.







Last night I went to see the Music Man in Spencerport with some friends. This is the production that I was originally going to be in, but dropped out of because I couldn't afford to travel an hour each way every night of the week.
Anyway, the show was a lot better than I thought it would be! There were some really strong parts, particularly the quartet and Marcellus, as well as the Pick-a-Little Ladies. My friend Mary was one of the directors and my friends Joe and Lance were in the show, as were a number of other people I know.


Here are some pics from after the show w/Bridget, me, Mary Kate, Mary, and Joe:









I'm at work now...I haven't had a single person come in to pay today, and I've had 3 cars come through and stay since I arrived here at noon. I was going to call and see if I could leave early, but what's one more hour? I might as well just stick it out!


PS....HI LAUREL! ;o)

No comments: